Friday, 28 November 2014

Week 12

I completed assignment 3 this week. It wasn't too hard since I understand the material we learned recently very well. I do need to review the course notes on complexity of algorithms for the exam.

Our final lecture was about induction. If we can prove p(n) implies p(n+1), and we can prove p(n) for some n, then for all x greater than n, p(x). It is often best to prove p(n) implies p(n + 1) by assumption of p(n) before actually finding an n for which p(n) is true.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I agree, assignment 3 wasn't too bad and was a good practice before the final exam. I am relieved that the induction won't be on the test. Your problem solving episode was well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solving questions for Assignment 3 was a great review for me. Let's study for the final exam!

    ReplyDelete